Tuesday 28 June 2011

Moving on...

The last six months have flown by and have created many happy memories along the way. Starting a 'real' job and living on my own in London has presented with many challenges to overcome, but I have become stronger, learned to take care of myself, and learnt to feel comfortable with my own company and my body, although this is still a work in progress. I've also learnt to adjust my expectations – it's a sad but true fact what woman feels entirely happy with there own body? But I feel that I have been able to place it lower down my list of priorities.

My body does not define who I am. Who I am is so much more than that – I am a nurse, a Christian, perfectionist, sensitive, kind and thoughtful, with a puerile sense of humour! I have weaknesses – I am impatient, prone to melancholy, have a low tolerance to stress and I'm a perfectionist (this comes under both as it is both a curse and a blesing!). I know this sounds like a dating add but it is a fact that we all have strengths and weaknesses, things we are good at, and things we need to work on. This is what defines us – not the shape or size of your body, but the things that make me 'Me' – these are the things that last and what ultimately matters.

I am about to embrace a new change which I'm sure will bring different challenges. I am moving house – not too far – but moving in with a old friend. Living on my own has been an experience I won't take back, but now it's time to move on.

I'm hoping to blog about the upcoming move and will provide photos of my new and exciting place! I also have a new recipe to share with you, I don't want to veer away from the topic of food completely, but I think it reflects my current state of mind that food is now lower down down my list of priorites.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment