Thursday 23 December 2010

New beginnings

So here goes my first attempt at a blog. I've been spending a while thinking about what the topic could be - my first thought was food but my head cried "Not another food blog!" (but anyone who knows me will know I spend an inordinate amount of time musing on food and various culinary expeditions. So my next thought was a record of my journey starting my new job as a newly qualified mental health nurse, however I realised there may be little I could write about due to issues of confidentiality.

I have recently been thinking a lot about the impact my life has on the environment. Do I do enough to contribute to my bit in 'saving the planet'? How do I travel? How do I eat? How do I clean? Do I recycle enough? So came another thread to consider in the topic of my blog.

Coupled with the fact that I have just moved into a cozy one roomed flat in South London in order to start in my new job there appear to be many things I could blog about, so until I have established a definite answer my conclusion is that I will write about my life transitioning from student to "responsible adult" ;) , trying to live as ethically and environmentally friendly as possible with limited ways and means. From time to time I'm sure I will also post many recipes for wholesome, seasonal and ethical food. Hence the title that it is possible to eat cheap wholesome food and live off more than porridge!

I look forward to seeing how things will turn out...

No comments:

Post a Comment