Thursday 23 December 2010

The Icing on the Cake

I'm aware that I am starting this blog as a bit of a cheat as I am home for the holidays and have many more resources at my fingertips (namely a fully equipped kitchen!). However I couldn't resist posting a few pictures of the culinary delights I created today.

We are currently in the season of hibernation - eating and sleeping, in my mind at least, are all that matters. I therefore spent the majority of my day in the kitchen, my main task being decorating the Christmas cake whilst knocking up a delicious warming bowl of leek and pumpkin soup for lunch.
The ingredients:





 Blended and topped with delicious goat's cheddar...



Some months ago I cooked the cake and have been lovingly 'feeding' it weekly in the hope that my very first attempt will be almost as delicious as my mother's. And here is the final product:


I just hope it's as delicious as it looks!...

No comments:

Post a Comment